Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Second Edition

This blog originally started as a way to organize my book elevator pitches; what would I say to a customer on a busy Saturday afternoon at the bookshop to make them want to read that one perfect book?  No more than a couple hundred words, whatever I could say in a single breath.  Then I moved from London to New Jersey and New Jersey to Portland in just a few months and started a brand new job where I didn't get to talk about books all day and the whole thing kind of fell apart.  Somewhere I have all sorts of notes and quick reviews of books that maybe I will get around to posting but for now I think it's best to just carry on. 

So the new, with luck improved, blog will be a bit different: I'm starting an MLIS at San Jose State which means I will probably end up writing about things other than books but sort of kind of related to books.  Ideally I'll be posting at least a couple times a month (I'd say every week, but I doubt I'll do that) to organize my thoughts and keep a nice record of things for myself later.  Sadly I will probably have to schedule time on my calendar to do this and only post when I get an email reminder from Google.  Mostly I'm guessing I'll be about the only one reading this so it will probably seem odd and scattered to anyone else.  If anyone does happen to read this let me know, having an audience will make me fret over the whole a bit more but will also inspire me to write more often (maybe) and perhaps less insanely.

No comments:

Post a Comment